Parking in the Stockade in the Winter
In the Stockade, parking and driving can be a challenge! Plan ahead so you are not surprised with a ticket or a tow.
- Move your car before snow flies.
- Make arrangements with a friend to move your car.
- Union St. is a priority street. Follow posted parking rules!
- Leave your phone number on the dashboard so the police can call you and help you avoid a tow.
- Share your driveway or extra space for off street parking.
- Park for free in city parking garage on Broadway when emergency is declared. Give a lift to neighbors who can’t walk home from the garage, before leaving your own car.
- Park in church or YWCA lots AFTER their lots are plowed. NO overnight parking in 1st Reformed Church lots.
Check TV and radio stations, the City of Schenectady’s website cityofschenectady.com, this website, and the Stockade Google group for the latest snow information.